Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE GRACE OF GOD!!!

Me and Maya were in a horrible car accident last Saturday. It was by the Grace of God that we were both able to walk away with only minor injuries. Maya only had a small scratch on the right side of her neck. She has been having some nightmares but those are getting better. For the first couple of days after the accident she screamed when I put her in the car. That is better also. Thank God!!!! We were turning left when a small car top the hill going way too fast to stop. They hit us on the passengers side going about 80 mph. It split the entire side of my SUV and flipped us. We landed upside down. Not sure how but I managed to get myself out then I was getting Maya out when someone got there to help. At first Maya wasn't talking at all. Poor little thing was in shock. I am just so thankful that she was not hurt. I have been trying to scan the pictures but the scanner is not cooperating right now. I will try again later. You have to see the pictures to know that we are 2 walking miracles.
I did get a new car Friday. We got a black Dodge Charger. Maya got a new pink car seat. We were both very excited about our new purchases.

19 comments:

Mary said...

Praise God! My heart skipped a beat as I was reading this! I am so glad to her the 2 of you are okay!

Farrah said...

I am so happy you two walked away!

And a Black Charger YOU GO GIRL!!!
That is my all time car of choice!

Stacie said...

Oh my goodness...glad you are both ok!
Car accidents are so scary, but it looks like your back at the wheel.
Be safe!

Greta Jo said...

OMG. Praise God you are both ok.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you're okay & Maya's over her carphobia! :)

veggiemom said...

Glad you're okay!!!

Rhonda said...

OMG Ginger. How frightening. Poor Maya, I hope she continues to recover from the trauma. You were so lucky. God had his hands on the two of you.

Vanessa said...

Praise the Lord that He had His hand of protection over you!!

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so glad you both were ok!!!
dawn

Natalie said...

Oh Ginger...I just had a feeling to check your blog tonight. It has been months since I've been here...I have been way out of touch on the blog scene. I just want to tell you that I'm thinking of you and praying for you both. And thank heavens you are both ok.

Princess D said...

Oh MY!! I am so glad to hear you are both ok. That is terrifying and you are really brave. So thankful to hear you are both ok.

BIG HUGS,
D

jobravo said...

Ginger,
How scary..... Praying that the memories disappear from little Maya's mind and she trusts riding in a car without worry. love the black charger and it seems so Ginger!!!
Jolene

nikki said...

Oh Ginger,
I have been thinking of both of you since Ellie's blog.
Thank God you are both ok.
Prayers and Hugs for you both!!

Our Family of 5 said...

OMG, Thank god you are both ok!!

Nan and Dan said...

thank god you are both ok, that must have been so scary for both of you!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you guys weren't seriously hurt.

C said...

Sorry, I was using my husbands computer and didn't sign my name.

Carolyn (not Gary)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're both okay. Very scary!

Farrah said...

Ginger I'm worried about you! Is everything okay there?

Let me know..