Monday, March 3, 2008

HAS IT REALLLY BEEN THAT LONG???

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more



HELLO EVERYONE!!! I AM SO SORRY THAT IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE MY LAST POST. WE HAVE BEEN SOOOOO BUSY BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE. MAYA IS DOING GREAT. WE DID TITERS TO SEE IF HER VACCINES FROM GUATEMALA WERE ANY GOOD. GUESS WHAT??? NONE OF THEM WERE GOOD. SO WE HAVE STARTED REDOING THEM. SHE GOT 4 SHOTS LAST WEEK. SHE WAS SO SICK. WE HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY 2 MONTHS FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS SO THAT WE CAN GET HER CAUGHT UP. THEN WE BOTH HAD A LITTLE POO POO FLU. SHE NOW WEIGHS 23.4 POUNDS AND IS 31 INCHES LONG. SHE IS STILL WEARING 12 MONTHS BUT I THINK WE WILL SOON BE IN 18 MONTHS. SO LOOK OUT AVA, HERE COMES MORE CLOTHES.



I FINALLY LEFT HER FOR A DAY WITH MY PARENTS. ALL THE WAY IN ANOTHER STATE. ONLY BECAUSE I WAS WORKING. WE HAVE NOT REALLY DONE ANYTHING FUN. JUST HANGING OUT AND PLAYING. WE LOVE TO PLAY!!! SHE IS REALLY GETTING INTO THE DOLL AND MOMMY THING. IT IS SO CUTE!!!



MAYA IS A GREAT EATER. HER FAVORITE FOODS ARE TOMATOES, BLUEBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES, AND NOODLES. SHE IS NOT REALLY EATING MUCH MEAT YET. SHE STILL HAS THE PEANUT AND MILK ALLERGY. THE DOCTOR SAID THAT SHE MAY OUTGROW THEM BUT NO LUCK YET. WE DID HAVE A SCARE LAST SUNDAY IN CHURCH. SHE WAS IN THE NURSERY, THERE WAS A NEW GIRL WORKING THAT DIDN'T REALIZE MAYA HAD ALLERGIES. YEP, SHE GAVE HER A PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE. THE NURSERY WORKER CAME RUNNING IN CHRUCH TO GET ME. SHE SAID "IT IS MAYA, WE NEED YOU QUICK"!!! MY HEART STOPPED BUT MY FEET STARTED. WHEN I GOT TO HER, SHE WAS CRYING. I DUG THE COOKIE OUT AND GAVE HER BENADRYL. SHE WAS FINE. AFTER IT WAS ALL OVER, I JUST HELD HER AND CRIED. IT COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUS BUT THANK GOD IT WASN'T.
WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE POTTY THING. NO PEE-PEE YET. SHE JUST SITS THERE. IT IS CUTE!!! SHE WANTS TO BE COMPLETLY NAKED WHEN SHE SITS. SHE WILL SIT THERE AND READ, PLAY WITH HER BABY AND SCREAM PEEEEEEEE!!! BUT NOTHING. I REALIZE THAT SHE IS STILL YOUNG AND MAY NOT BE READY SO I AM NOT REALLY PUSHING IT YET.
I GUESS THAT IS ALL FOR NOW. WE ARE GETTING READY TO GO TO JACKSON, MS TO SPEND A COUPLE OF DAYS WITH DEBORAH. WE HOPE TO VISIT THE ZOO TOMORROW. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A FEW OF THE 2000 PICS THAT I HAVE TO SHARE. HOWEVER, CRAZY BLOGGER WILL NOT WORK. I PROMISE TO TRY LATER.

18 comments:

Karen D. said...

Glad that you are back! Sounds like times are busy but good!!

Pictures, please!

Hugs!
Karen

Julie said...

Welcome back to blogland! Can't wait to see the pics!! :)

Farrah said...

WOW, I was just looking for you!
I miss you...I need pics please.

Please email me your correct address so I can finally get yours and Maya's Christmas gifts in the mail...Yeah I know I am so BAD...

Love ya

Mary said...

Thanks for updating! Sorry to hear about the flu :( I hope blogger lets ya post some new pics soon!

Shelby said...

I was getting ready to put out an APB-- I was worried. Glad to hear it is just the trials of busy life that kept you away.
Looking forward to pics!

Gail said...

So good to hear from you again and of course, you are forgiven.
Glad the peanut issue was taken care of quickly and didn't get any worse. That would be so scarey.
Gail

Greta Jo said...

Could that really be a post from Ginger? Wow, you have been busy however I am glad you both are doing well.

Pictures Please!

Alleen said...

So glad to hear an update!

gosh, that's scary about the cookie! I'm surprised peanut butter would not be totally off-limits in a nursery just because you never know.

Melissa said...

Great to hear from you again!

The allergy episode sounds very scary! I'm glad it all resolved well. Looking forward to pics of Miss Maya!

Michelle Smiles said...

I can't believe anyone would give a child a cookie with peanut butter without checking with the parent! So many kids have allergies!

Sabrina has decided she hates shots so much that if anyone in her vicinity puts on latex gloves, she starts to cry. That includes home land security people at the airport.

Ruth said...

Happy to see that you are back as well. Missed your posts!

Ruth

nikki said...

Good to hear from you!!
Sorry poor Maya has to get all those shots!! Poor baby!!
Please post some new pictures soon!

Corey said...

Glad you're back! Missed you!
Luke had to redo all his shots to!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

We have missed you and I am glad everything is ok.

April, Todd, and Ava said...

yay more clothes!!!!! lol
it was great to see you both yesterday! give maya a kiss and tell her we love her!! love u both and hope to see u soon!!!!

Kerry said...

Email me girl. I switched computers and don't have your email on here. I'm not far from Macon at all. When will you be here?

kerry . collins @ charter.net

Becca said...

I am laughing out loud - I can see her sitting on her potty screaming PEE! We are battling potty training, too. I am so glad that nothing too serious came from her eating peanut butter! Whew!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Shannon said...

Ok, it really has been that long, AGAIN!! We starting to have Maya withdrawals!!! Pictures please!!

We miss you guys!!